Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified by data itself or with other data available to us (i.e., personal data, GDPR, Article 4) when using our app, then you can be assured that it will be only used in accordance with this privacy notice.
According to GDPR, Article 77, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority concerning the processing activities carried out by us. Such complaint may be lodged in particular, in the member state of your habitual residence or place of work or where the alleged infringement took place.
The types of personal data we collect and use
Personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you (GDPR, Article 4).
When do we collect information
We collect information from you when you visit our Website (web analytics data using Google Analytics tool), sign up for our Newsletter or enter information on our site, respond to a survey or marketing communication.
What kind of data we collect
The types of personal data we collect and use depend on what you are doing on the GUI-O website or if and how you use GUI-O app.
Website visitor only: cookies (more about Cookies below)
Interested website visitor: cookies + newsletter (email)
GUI-O app users: purchase via GooglePlay , GUI-O app (more about below)
Log files (website visitor)
GUI-O follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies (website visitor)
Cookies are small text files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. Web browser (when allowed) enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
GUI-O website stores cookies on your computer – used to collect info about your interaction with our website and allow us to remember you; we use this data in order to improve your browsing experience and for analytics (Google Analytics). The cookie does not contain personal details.
We use the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies that help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
PH_HPXY_CHECK Used to detect and prevent brute force attacks on the website
- Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
_ga Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
_gat Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
_gid Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
collect google-analytics.com Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels
We do not sell, give, or trade the statistics to any 3rd parties for data-mining or marketing purposes.
Amending cookie preferences
Third party cookies
Newsletter (when you sign up)
We would like to keep you updated and send you news and information by email. For this purpose, GUI-O may ask for your consent in the form, “Keep me updated - Send me news and information regarding GUI-O” or a similar wording. By ticking or clicking such consent you will receive emails from us (news and some invitations to participate in events or surveys).
For representatives of corporate customers or potential customers, or customers who have obtained GUI-O app, we may send such news and information without a consent. You may opt-out of receiving such news and information at any time.
Information collected through our GUI-O app:
If you use our GUI-O app, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's bluetooth, camera, sensors, storage, vibrate, internet, nfc, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
Purchases and Payment Processing
If you purchase GUI-O app via Google Play (in-app purchase system) we collect only anonymous receipt from Google (more about privacy on Google or payments on Google).
How long do we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and to comply with our legal obligations.
You can send us a request (email@example.com) to erase your personal information – your email address from the Newsletter.
How do we protect your personal data
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We have summarised some individuals rights under GDPR. Your rights regarding your personal data:
Right of access to your personal data (the right to obtain confirmation from the data controller as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, the controller shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.)
Right to erasure of your personal data or to be forgotten (this right allows you as a data subject to inform us that you no longer want us to store or process your data; however, your request may be declined e.g., due to legal/contractual obligations)
For details please read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights (GDPR).
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA )
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously. There is a link to this privacy notice on our home page www.gui-o.com. Our Privacy Notice link includes the word 'Privacy', and can be easily be found on the page specified above.
- Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track ("DNT") browser mechanism is in place. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
- It's also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking (Google Analytics).
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using GUI-O app, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of GUI-O app. In case a parent or a guardian of the minor becomes aware that his/her child has provided us with information without their consent, he/she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such case or if we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
We may contact you by email about changes we've made to the app or if you sign up for the Newsletters. You can unsubscribe from our emails by clicking a link at the bottom, or from your account page.
If at any time you do not want us to "process" this personal data, you can contact us via email@example.com.